What is Aertex Fabric?
- Aertex is a thin, woven ,light weight, breathable fabric.
- It is full of tiny holes which allows air to pass through easily.
- It keeps the body cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Two threads or ends act as one thread; when a weft thread passes between them, the doup ends twist catching the weft and holding it tightly in place.
- Very fancy and beautiful clothes can be produced by combining the cross weaving with other weave structures.
- Aertex company is founded by a famous politician and an affluent mill owner, Lewis Haslam, in 1888.
- He and his colleagues experimented on a cloth that trapped air between the warp and weft of the fabric. This aeration proved to be successful and resulted in the making of Aertex Fabric.
- By the 20th century, an Aertex garment had made its way through every American man’s wardrobe and had become increasingly popular.
What Makes it Stand Out
- Ease in movement.
- Provides physical relaxation.
- Great comfort in respect to fit.
- Aertex fabric’s threads and fibers are woven in a distinct way that allows the fabric to trap air.
|Texture||Soft , mesh like|
Image Reference - https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/airtex-fabric-20299576155.html
Application and Uses
- Swimming costumes , sports & gym clothes.
- Used for curtains too .
- It can withstand high temperatures and strenuous work, but make sure you wash it thoroughly.
- It is ideal not to hang dry this fabric.
- Regular iron