What is Banana Fiber?Banana fabric is sustainable and organic fabric. Strongest fibers, natural fiber composed of cellulose, hemicelluloses and lignin. Banana peels and stems are used to make fiber.
Types of banana fabric are:
1. Inner-peel banana fiber: It is very soft like silk expensive to produce and delicate.
2. Outer-peel banana fiber: Rough coarse fiber good for mats, robes and thicker outer garments.
- Earlier used in used in Japanese and Southeast Asian cultures as early as the 13th century.
- Philippines was first place to introduce banana fiber made with banana peel and stems.
- Firstly banana fabric was manufacturing in Japan and Nepal.
Banana fabric is highly temperamental and delicate.
What Makes it Stand Out
Application & Usage
- Banana fabric is used to make accessories: like hats, scarfs, gloves.
- Clothing: shirts, negligees, lingerie, slips, gowns, robes, eveningwear, etc.
- Commonly used in Home Decor items also.
Care Instructions of Banana Fiber
- Can be hand wash or machine wash with cold water.
- Gentle Iron to remove wrinkles.