What is Dimity ?
- Dimity Fabric is a lightweight fabric which is usually made from cotton.
- It is woven in a way that creates fine, raised stripes or checks.
- Dimity Fabric is typically left un-dyed or plain white in colour, although it can be patterned .
- Is very hardwearing and does not yellow easily like many other fabrics.
- With a raised pattern on one side of the fabric, the weave has a symmetry that gives it visual interest, even if the material is not dyed, appliquéd or patterned with needlework.
- Originally Dimity was made of silk or wool but since the 18th century it has been woven almost exclusively of cotton.
What Makes it Stand Out
- Very hardwearing and does not yellow easily .
- Dimity takes dye really well and can be dyed various colours, yet the patterns created by the construction of the weave are usually thought of as being decorative enough .
|Texture||Light weight and ribbed texture due to the raised pattern|
Applications & Usage
- It is generally used for dresses, blouses and nightwear.It is used extensively in upholstery , interior fabrics , home textiles like curtains and bedspreads .
- Machine washable on gentle cycle in warm water .
- Donot wriggle
- Air dry
- Iron using medium heat on cotton setting mode .