What is Double Gauze?
- Double Gauze is a light weight fabric has a very loose weave .
- It is a 2 layered fabric woven together by stitches that can hardly seen.
- The two layers are tacked together with a sort of blind stitch length, and cross wise, with approx 1 cm regular intervals.
- Oeko-Tex-Standard 100 Certified double Gauze is available and can give good impact on consumer.
- Gauze was first made in Mosul (now in Iraq) .
- Traditionally Gauze was woven in Gaza region is a center of weaving .
What Makes it Stand Out?
- It is 2 layered fabric of gauze that are basted together.
- Double Gauze fabric is soft, lightweight and breezy.
- It has slightly wrinkled texture.
|Texture||It has slightly wrinkled texture|
Image Reference - https://www.yesfabrics.eu/en/double-gauze-fabric-medium-gray.html
Application and Uses
- Used to make blouses, dresses, skirts, baby care items and the coziest loungewear.
- Can be machine or hand washed in cold water.
- Tumble dry at low .
- Lay flat the fabric to dry.
- The more you wash and use double gauze fabric, the softer it will get.This makes it a really great choice for baby items, but it can be used for a lot of other things as well.
- Iron it on cotton setting. You can use a lot of steam to help iron out the fabric because it works really well on double gauze.