What is Lurex Fabric?
is made up of metallic material which is used to give shine and elegance. It is a mesh with good elasticity and flexibility, made from metal wires such as aluminum, wrapped and sealed in polyester or polyamide. Lurex is knitted fabric feels soft as the sweaters, tees and normal wear.
- In 1946 Lurex was inverted made of thin strip of aluminum sandwiched between two plastic films.
- Lurex is lighter weight than lamé, does not tarnish, and is strong enough to be used in power looms to make complex woven fabrics, making new metallic fabrics possible.
What Makes it Stand Out
It is strong enough to be used in power looms to make complex woven fabrics, making new metallic fabrics possible.
Application & Usage
- It can be used for following:
- Apparel Fabric
- Military Regalia
- Dance Costumes
Care Instructions of Lurex
- Wash in cold or hot water.
- Avoid bleaching of lurex fabric can ruin the softness of fabric.
- After washing hang it out in air to dry.