What is Mulmul Fabric?
- Mulmul is a soft and fine weave of cotton which is also known as muslin.
- It is almost around 100 years ago when Bengali weavers first weaved it.
- Mulmul cotton fabric was one of the prized imports from India to the lands of England and Scotland.
- It started appearing in the market there and then gradually the countries of the continent started manufacturing it.
- It was traded in Europe by 17th century was one of the prized imports from India.
- Later the manufacturing of mulmul or muslin started in England and Scotland.
- Originally it originated in Dhakeshwari or Dhaka in Bangladesh, which was then a part of India.
- Than the fabric was referred to as Daka there.
What makes it stand out?
- It is great for summers, especially in the harsh summers of India.
- It gets softer with every wash.
- The fabric is super soft, lightweight and very breathable.
- It absorbs moisture quickly and keeps at ease.
Application and uses
Kurti, Tops, Lehenga, Gown, Saree, Blouse, Dupatta, Churidar, Kids Wear, Men's Wear, Home decor, Event decor, Festival decor, Art and Craft etc.