What is Sequin Fabric?
is fully covered fabric with plastic or metal shaped pieces known as sequin they can vary in size shape or color. Backing fabric is mostly tulle or chiffon on which shiny or matte sequin are present.This type of fabric looks stylish variety of sequins are available:
- circle, or round
- Sequin is originated from Arabic word 'sikka' means coin.
- In 16th century, it was converted into the French word, sequin.
- In1922 Egyptian pharoah Tutankhamun garments emblished with tiny disks made of pure gold, lappers’ dresses were often embellished with hundreds of metal sequins.
- In 1930s started manufacturing lightweight sequin made of gelatin colored with lead paint. Then modern sequins are introduced which are typically made of Mylar or plastics.
What Makes it Stand Out
It is covered with plastic or metal shaped pieces in different size, shape and colors.
Application & Usage
- Used for fashionable high-end apparel like bridals and evening wear, stylised top, skirts, jackets, pants and dresses.
- Sequins are also used in curtains, upholstery, home furnishings, cushions, pillowcases, bedspreads, table covers etc.
- Used in accessories like makeup pouch, hand bags, head bands etc.
Care Instructions of Sequins
- Gentle wash in cold water set the pin speed at low speed to avoid damage to sequins.
- Use gentle detergent and avoid harsh rubbing.
- Gently squeeze the excess water out of the fabric.
- Avoid ironing on the surface of fabric can only iron on the backside of cloth only.