What is Tricot Knit ?
- Tricot fabric is a knit material that is woven on a flatbed knitting machine.
- The tricot weave creates a zigzag effect on the front of the fabric and a crosswise rib on the back.
- Tricot is a warp-knit fabric. This means it has continuous lengthwise columns of loops.
- Warp knitting differs from weft knitting by having each needle loop its own thread.
- The needles produce parallel rows of loops that create the interlocked zigzag pattern seen below.
- These lengthwise loops are what give this fabric a smooth surface on the face and a textured back.
- This structure creates ribs on the front and crosswise ribs on the back. This makes the tricot both soft and an incredibly durable knit structure.
- This knitting process creates a soft and flexible tricot that does not snag or run easily.
- High-quality tricot will not build up a static charge or cling to the body to ensure that it is comfortable to wear.
- Tricots come in a variety of colors and patterns.You’ll usually find tricot fabric made from nylon and spandex or polyester and spandex. There may be a small percentage of natural fiber like cotton in some, but the fully synthetic variety is the most popular .
What Makes it Stand Out
- They have an excellent wrinkle and run resistance, as well as good drape-ability.
- Heat-retention, water-absorption, quick-drying, antibacterial, and form-fitting. Comfort and Breathability durable and robust .
|Texture||Smooth surface on the face and a textured back.|
Applications & Usage
- Swimwear, lingerie and sportswear are what tricot is commonly used for .
Image Reference - https://apparelx-news.com/characteristics-of-tricot/
- Machine wash on gentle cycle separately in cold water .
- Air dry
- Iron isn't neccesary .