What is Albert Cloth ?
- Albert cloth is a heavy woollen material with different colors or patterns on either side.
- The cloth had alternative names such as "plaid-back coverts" and "golf cloth".
- Albert cloth is a double weave fabric, made using a method of weaving in which two layers of fabric are woven simultaneously.
- The skillful technique of double weaving was invented in the 700 AD, but it wasn’t until the 19th century that double cloth wool gained popularity.
- It was soon termed as the Albert Cloth Fabric. This made its way through the fashion garments industry and is still very famous.
What Makes it Stand out
- Easily patterned
- Flexibility and durability
- Thermal insulation properties
Applications & Usage
- Reversible jackets , fancy curtains, sofa covers ,decorative, and as an interlining material.
New Age Innovations
- Initially , it was invented using wool . But now , similar technique is used to produce in different types of fabrics , which is termed as double cloth .
- As it is made from wool, it is vulnerable to attacks from moths and mildews. So, make sure you store this fabric and its garments in the insect-free area or use insect repellants.
- Don’t let this material get burnt or affected by any strong chemical as it can quickly get damaged.
- Wash it with care with neutral soaps, and hand wash is strongly recommended.