What is Charmeuse ?
- Charmeuse is a luxurious fabric with a shiny front and a dull back.
- This type of fabric is usually made with silk, but textile manufacturers also make charmeuse with polyester and rayon.
- The word "charmeuse" comes from the French word for a female charmer.
- This etymology speaks to the beauty of charmeuse fabric and its traditional use in women's clothing, especially formal dresses.
- Its history goes back much further, however, to the ancient Chinese discovery of silk. While the exact date of the discovery is debatable, legend has it that silk was discovered around 2700 BCE by the Chinese emperor's wife.
- For centuries, it was a highly guarded commodity and exported only as a finished product.
- Charmeuse has traditionally been associated with nobility due to its luxurious look.It has even been called the "Fabric of Emperors.
What Makes it Stand Out
- Ultimate comfort
- Hypo allergenic
- Luxurious feel
|Texture||Very soft and lightweight|
Image Reference - https://in.pinterest.com/lacesquare/wwwlacesquarecom/
Applications & Usage
- It's commonly found in wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, prom dresses and theatrical costumes, since its sheen reflects well on the stage.
- Charmeuse is also popular for lingerie and nightwear, due to its feel against the skin.
- The luxurious fabric also finds it way into the home in drapes and occasionally on sofas and in throw pillows.
- Hand wash only
- Wash in cool water, with a gentle soap or detergent.
- Avoid too hot or cold water. Extreme temperatures can stretch or shrink the fabric .
- Dry naturally. Lightly wring out excess water before hanging to dry.
- Iron with low heat
- Store properly