What is Eyelet Fabric ?
- Eyelet fabric / white embroidery is a type of lace made by creating holes in a fabric medium.
- Each hole is edged using a buttonhole stitch. The holes are precisely sized and situated to create a pattern or patterns, often floral designs or abstract geometric arrangements.
- Eyelet fabric is beautifully elegant fabric .
- History links the origin of eyelet to Scotland during the 1700’s.
- Of note, in 1782 an Italian trader and specialist in fine Saxon embroidery, Luigi Ruffini, traveled to Edinburgh and introduced this white embroidery.
What Makes it Stand Out
- Precise holes, artistically arranged
|Shine||Dull / No shine|
Applications & Usage
- Great for summer dresses or any casual wear .
- Also used as table liners .
Image Reference - https://www.crateandbarrel.com/jemme-white-table-runner/f77242
- Like any fabric, pre washing is key to creating a long-lasting garment.
- Machine washing in warm water with like colors on a regular cycle.
- Tumble or hang dry.
- Iron on cotton setting mode .