What is Dupion Silk fabric?
- Silk dupion is a pure silk fabric, also known as Dupion.
- It is made by using thin warp thread that produces a tightly woven fabric with a plain weave.
- The fabric has a rustic appearance and is thicker.
- It is a crisp fabric made by combining irregular weft and delicate warp threads.
- It can be woven into various patterns like stripes, floral or plaid.
- Dupion fabric keeps the body cool during hot days and warm during cold days.
- The history of Dupioni is taken as a joke by several historians, whereas most experts agree that the Chinese first discovered this durable, light-reflecting, and glossy fiber produced by larvae in 2570 BCE.
- The richness of this fabric astonished the Chinese rulers, they insisted on total transparency.
What Makes it Stand Out
It is a strong fabric in comparison to other silk fabrics due to its dual thread nature.
Dupion is high-resistant to wrinkles and easily gets dyed.
The fabric is equally absorbent to wool.
Dupion is the comfiest and most luxurious fabric.
It is the most durable natural fabric, and also environment friendly.
Application & Usage
Curtains, chair covers, sofa covers, tablecloths, etc.
- Soak the Dupion fabric in normal water with mild detergent, after that rub it for around 4-5 minutes.
- Following this step, soak the fabric in vinegar to neutralize the effect of soap.
- Wash the dupion fabric in cold water to remove the smell of vinegar.
- To dry the fabric, lay it on a towel and roll it loosely, and then set both of them aside.
- Allow the fabric to dry overnight.
- For ironing the fabric, lay a cotton cloth over the dupion fabric and iron it.