What is Cotton Silk?
- Cotton Silk fabric is a hybrid kind of fabric that is made from cotton and silk.
- Even though it does not belong to any particular fabric culture, it is still widely accepted by people across the globe.
- It comprises the positive characteristics of each fiber.
- The fabric is lightweight and has a comfy weaving texture.
- Due to the limitation in the number of fibers in the 1800s, people attempted to develop a hybrid kind of fabric.
- Hence, manufacturers focus on applying the positive characteristics of every fiber and creating a new fiber.
- After so many experiments various hybrid fabrics were created, among them was Cot-silk fabric which became the most popular.
What Makes it Stand Out
Cotton-Silk fabric is soft in feel and shiny in appearance
It caresses the skin and gives a lot of comfort.
Due to the combination of two fibers, the fabric is suitable for hot as well as cold days.
Cotton-Silk is a lightweight and highly breathable fabric.
Applications / Usage
Shirts, dresses, etc.
Scarves, stoles, etc.
Cushion covers, curtains, etc.
- Cotton silk fabric is easy to maintain.
- It can easily be washed in a machine with hot water.
- Do not apply chlorine bleach as they are too alkaline and can damage the fabric.
- Do not rub the fabric when it is wet as it can harm the fibers.
- You can even dry the fabric.
- Dry the fabric away from direct sunlight, drying in sunlight can result in discoloration.
- Iron the fabric only in silk mode.